For maximum results, spend the week prior to your show exfoliating and moisturizing your body. For optimum results use Competition Scrub Get Buffed. (Get Buffed can be purchased under the shop and competition tab.)The DAY OF your spray tan, DO NOT MOISTURIZE – EXFOLIATE ONLY. When you exfoliate DO NOT SCRUB to HARD and Scratch your skin use normal pressure.
TANNING BED INFO:
** If you choose to use a tanning bed for a base tan DO NOT BURN! We cannot fix peeling skin and you will not have a good look on stage once spray tanned it will cause sploches. The MAX TIME you should be in a tanning bed is 7 minutes anything longer can cause water retension. If you get red STOP tanning bed use.
1) The week of moisturize daily (do this 2x per day and Exfoliate GENTLY M-W-F with Get Buffed Scrub.
2) The day of your tanning appointment, make a thick paste of baking soda and Get Buffed Body Wash, and gently wash entire body. You may also shave using the sugar scrub as it starts to emulsify. Do Not Use Any Bar Soaps or other commercially made scrubs! Pay special attention to your knees, elbows, hands, feet and heels. The better condition your skin is in, the better the tan will absorb, the more flawless your tan will look, and you will have a more even fade after your show.
3) It is suggested that you have shaved at least 8 hours before your spray tan, preferably the night before, and all waxing completed at least 7-10 days prior to your spray appointment. If you are accustomed to waxing 3 days prior is adequate. You cannot shave or shower after your color is applied until after your competition.
4) DO NOT put on any make-up, deodorant, perfume/cologne Before or After your spray tan application. Ladies will be able to apply make up on show day. These products will react with the tanning solution and turn your armpits and any other areas of the body they contact green! For men, painting the finger and toenails with a clear polish will avoid staining of the nails. We will provide barrier cream for this purpose as well, which is easily wiped off after your tan application. We also have Nail Covers for sale if you prefer to use this over the barrier cream.
5) Come to us with clean, dry skin wearing dark (black), loose fitting clothing and flip-flops. Do not wear any RED. The RED dye in cotton will tend to turn your skin GREEN! this does NOT mean if your suit is RED you cant wear it this is only for the clothes worn after tanning. An over sized shirt and over sized pants made of stretchy fabrics are best because they glide over your skin and won't disrupt the development of the bronzer. Avoid stiff fabrics!! Sleepy Clothes and lounging pants, and tops that “easily” pull OVER your head are best. Avoid Zippers, snaps and buttons! Do Not Wear Jeans! NO WAIST TRAINORS THE MARKS WILL SHOW !
6) Women can be sprayed nude. If you have long hair, please remember to bring a hair tie. We will provide a cap for you to wear. Hair Ties are available as well for purchase.
7) Men may wear something smaller than their posing suit, if being sprayed nude is uncomfortable .For the best results, it is easier for us to spray without posing trunks, socks for coverage are for sale $15. ( you may also purchase in advance under shopping tab).
8) The actual spray tanning session takes about 20 minutes for the application and another 10-20 minutes to complete the drying process. You will feel slightly sticky for about an hour until completely dry. Tanning is a 2day process please wait for your finally spray before you contact us about needed more color all will be fine before you step on stage.
9) After your color has been applied, please plan to sleep in your loose, over sized clothing until the morning. This will eliminate any inadvertent hand marks on your body during sleep. Do NOT sleep in the NUDE.
*If, during your spray appointment, it has been determined that you have deviated from the above skin prep recommendations without prior communication and, you are asked to re-shower, you will be charged an additional $50.00. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. This disruption causes a break down in the schedule, creates unnecessary added stress and additional product expense. Also please arrive to your scheduled time on time if you arrive late and another session is starting you will placed in whatever time slot we can fit you in not what you want, Thank You. Also remember things happen and sometimes we can be delayed lets make the BEST of any situation!
**PLEASE ALSO NOTE
If you have used another company's tanning product it is important that it be rinsed off the skin before being sprayed. Please discuss the use of ANY other tanning products used BEFORE your appointment with us. We are NOT responsible for poor results with mixing of products that we are unaware of.
All of our Tanning Specialist are working Hard to get you in and Out and if you feel that they have done A GREAT JOB! Please feel free to TIP them they are allowed to take TIPS !
* All competition Tanning is NONREFUNABLE NO EXCEPTIONS !